Entry Application Period: 11/5/19 – 12/15/19
Judging Period: 12/16/19 – 12/17/19
Winners Announced: 12/18/19
Please read these rules and instructions and if you have any questions contact Dawn Sutton at (740) 808-4311 or at email@example.com. Paper entry applications are available at Sis and Harold’s and the Baltimore Library.
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
- This is community service project for the Baltimore Festival Pageant Court to raise money for the Baltimore Food Pantry.
- Participation is open to all residents within the Liberty Union-Thurston School District.
- Entry fee is $10.00. All proceeds will be donated to the Baltimore Food Pantry.
- ENTRY APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN 5:00 p.m. ON SUNDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2019.
- Contest is for exterior decorations only, including decorations in windows that are visible from the exterior. Judging will be done from outside the residence only.
- Judging will be based on “curb appeal” as viewed from the street only. Therefore only those decorations located on the street side of the property will be judged (corner lots will be judged from both streets). Judges will not enter the property to view back or side yards.
- PARTICIPANTS AGREE TO HAVE one or more photos of their decorated residence exterior posted on the Baltimore Festival Pageant and/or 2019 Queens Facebook Page. PARTICIPANTS AGREES there will be no compensation of any kind for said posting or publication.
- Judging criteria will include; Unique design and creative USE OF LIGHTS and decorations; storyline or theme; display and placement of decorations, animated objects, etc.; and overall presentation.
- Judging will be done from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Monday, December 16, 2019. Depending on the number of entries and weather, judging may continue from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Tuesday 12/17/19. All of the judging will be done no later than 8:00 p.m. on Tuesday December 17, 2019.,
- Participants should ensure that all lights, animations and decorations are in place and activated for the judging periods on both nights.
- An Entry Number Card will be provided to each participant. This card must be affixed to the exterior of the residence in a conspicuous place where it can be seen by the judges from the street.
- There will be two Awards
- Judges Award (3 judges)
- People Choice Award – based on likes in Facebook.
- Winners will be announced via live feed on Facebook and posted on the Baltimore Festival Pageant Page.
- Winners of each category will receive:
- A large pizza and 2 liter bottle of Pepsi from Sis and Harold
- $25.00 GC
- The winners will their picture with Santa and Miss Baltimore.
- See a house you really like, YOU can enter them in the contest. Be a secret “Santa” and help raise money for the Food Pantry!
- BE CREATIVE, BE FESTIVE, AND MOST OF ALL HAVE FUN!